Sunday, September 8, 2013

Words, Words, Words Winner and Top 3

Hello everyone... Alison here, reeling from the task of selecting the winner and top 3 from all your amazing entries to the Words, Words, Words challenge last month!  It was wonderful to see so many of you really putting the words at the centre of your creations.  Thank you all so much.

Believe me, I had a LONG shortlist, but I had to whittle it down, so here they are... and I promise you every single one is worth visiting for a closer look - just click on the links.


Our August Words, Words, Words challenge winner is - 

No.153 Manu - Vintagesavonette


Manu's amazing altered box is simply beautiful - and I particularly loved that all the objects and decorative features were so clearly inspired by the words of the poem (also lovely), even down to the delicate yellows of the colour palette.  Just a wonderful creation, inside and out.


Thank you so much, Manu, and congratulations on being our winner this month.  
We can't wait to see what you come up with for your Top Talent feature, 
and look forward to getting to know you better then.



So, now for the top 3, and this is in no particular order...

No.80 Joycekers - Scraps of Elegance


This trio of ATCs is stunning - so beautifully composed and full of dimension and texture, but my imagination was immediately captured by the words.  They make me want to know the full story behind such bitter-sweet thoughts.  Raw and beautiful.


No. 118 valerie-Jael - Bastelmania


A fantastic trio of canvases, with such depth in the layers of colour, and those dramatic silhouettes.  But the real texture and depth of meaning for me comes from those fragments of actual 1940s airmail letters - preserving the words of the past in these works of art.


No. 147 Susan Janicula - klistersøster


There's just something so delightfully simple and fresh about this journal page.  I love the two different kinds of text in the background - the script sky and newsprint landscape - and the handwritten quote framing the whole piece is absolutely wonderful.



So there you have it... an eclectic collection, but all with words at the heart.  Congratulations to all our winners!  Please feel free to grab your respective badges from our sidebar.  

And thank you again to all those who took part - I could have had a list of Honourable Mentions as long as my arm.  

I hope you'll be able to come along and play in this month's Forgotten Things challenge, hosted by the lovely Anne.  You'll find the challenge details and rules here, along with some stunning inspiration from my team-mates, and I'll be back with the rest of the team on the 15th of the month to give you another nudge.  And don't forget there'll be another Top Talent revealing all on the 22nd too!


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful entries - a feast for the eye! The winning entry is just superb! Well done to you all! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations to the winners of the Words Challenge! Superb entries and what a difficult choice Alison must have had. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome entries - all of them! And I LOVE Manu's winning piece! Such a brilliant choice, Alison! And such a beautiful make!

    Congrats, Manu, and of course congrats to the Top3 too - I can see why Alison had to work so hard to make a choice ;)

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the winners. What a fantastic job you did! No wonder Alison had such a difficult job selecting her choices. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAOUW! I'm speechless .. and very proud. Congrats to Manu as Winner, it's a gorgeous altered Springpoem book. Also congrats to Joycekers and Valrie-Jael for their stunning triplets. Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation to the Winner and Top 3! I really didn't envy Alison's task of choosing from all the wonderful entries! Lots of love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to everyone--the entries were stunning

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done to Manu and the Top 3 - all fantastic creations from a wealth of talent to choose from. Can't wait to see Manu's Top Talent feature. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - truly stunning work from all. Congratulations to Manu, Joyce, Valerie and Susan - these pieces are sublime. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Manu! Your work is just stunning and very inspiration. I'm so proud to be amongst the Top 3 Winners, and I must say there are a lot of talented artist here at OCC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my.... What a surprize and honor at the same time! I am so grateful for your appreciation of my craft! My heartfelt thanks goes to Alison who with her own art has given me so much input and motivation. Thank you so much for picking my work from all the other beautiful entries!
    And thank you for all these supportive and kind comments which mean a lot to me!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  12. ALL worthy of winning. I love the altered book...but then, I love all of the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to all and thanks for including my work! Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx